View Single Post
Old 17-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #27
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: IRS upper shock mount - Permanent fix

Rightio, I'm back on line.

POELWYK - As far as I'm aware, these will not fit the anything other than AU's with IRS.

JeffB and Reaper8 - I'm more than happy to give you details on how to make these yourself. The prototype you see in the photos have a 90mm tube of 4mm wall thickness. And the disk is 6mm thickness, and the diameter is the ID of the tube.
My plan was to make them from 100mm tube, as the 90mm is what I had at home at the time. 100mm will sit nicer on top of the spring saddle.
I did just oxy the the 6mm disk from some flat bar I also had at home.
I'm getting prices to have the disk profile cut, and the tube I'll have cut from the supplier.
When I have the new exact sizes, I'll pass them on, as they'll be slightly different to the prototype. I also made a jig for it all to sit in for speedy assembly. It could be don't with out a jig, but it will be harder.

tkfd - My aim was to do at least 10 at once, however I can start with 8 if everyone is willing to throw me their mounts ASAP.
Once I get going it should only be a couple of days turn around.