Old 16-06-2015, 07:40 AM   #9
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: What ya think? Trash or Treasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
you have to draw the line somewhere.

All the parts are going to be near impossible to find.

Even E-series falcons are becoming scarce.
^^This is hugely inaccurate.

Sourcing Parts for anything Pre-E-series is easy, there is alot of after market companies that cater for this. Rare spares being the most prominent. Since you took the car apart and kept all of it, this immediately takes out 50% of the guess work. And probably physical work of sourcing (since not all parts you took off will be able to be re-used).

The problem is that E-Series are in that "No-mans land" period. Where they are not commonly owned, and are not yet desirable enough to be profitable in the after-market realm. Early X series went through this, Late X series went through this, and E series is coming up to it. And same can be said with the Holden Equivalents. Its around that 20-25 year since production period parts get scarce, but you dont see that many on the road.

Mate, I think its good. Ive seen cars worse than that come back. All you need is patience and time. Not necessarily money. The faster you want to build it, the more expensive it will be, but drawn over a few years, your eating the elephant. Smaller $ here and there, doing what you can yourself, it can be done on a budget. It looks solid. I reckon its good.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: