Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #40
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar coupe
Nice looking Cobra.......
it seems as though you have the "Bathurst Cobra" front spoiler.(the Bathurst one was shorter/further from the ground than the normal one so they could lower the bathurst cars ). did you buy it as an aftermarket one?

also... is it the original diff?... didnt the diff on the XC have small brackets to hold the rear sway bay, not the u-bolts.
Steve
I was under the belief that both option 96 & 97 chin spoilers were of the same height. The difference was that of the inlet ports. Option 96 has them being more squared off at the entry whereas the 97 ones have them being tapered outwards.

I bought the item from Superoo Falcon Spares who I think bought it from GT Ford Performance parts in Melbourne.

With respect to the diff, yes, it is original. The brackets you refer to were fitted on all BW diff housings as of March/April 1978 so as to accommodate the sway bar, now being fitted to all Falcons & Fairmonts. However, as the 9" Ford differential was to be discontinued (fitment to passenger cars that is, still used on the F series trucks) later in that year, this engineering modification was not carried out on the 9" housing. Ergo, they used U bolts right up to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
Lookin good, Who trimmed the seats?
Scooter, you have a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
im still impressed at how tidy the work shop is and the cobra is looking very noice to
cheers pat
Thanks Pat. Getting there, very slowly.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote