View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #62
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Jeep Gladiator - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Raptor still has the same size tray and can at least tow 2.5 tonnes. Gladiator has a small tray, and can only tow 2.1 tonnes. But i can’t see anyone using it for towing or work purposes. So again, what’s the point? I guess you can put some more gear in the back to go camping, but the dual role side of it the others do so well just isn’t there. It’s just a niche market toy. And an expensive one at that.
The standard Wrangler is rated to 2.1 tonne.
This is rated to tow 2.7 tonne, down from 3450kg US spec.
Tray is very similar to all the Thai specials. Actually bigger than D max, Ranger, Triton and Colorado, I just googled.

Niche vehicle for sure. You won’t get a more capable factory 4wd than the Rubicon. I’d love another Wrangler Rubicon, but the increased eye watering price for the JL, the low tow rating and interior space let it down for me. I have a 50kg GSD that won’t fit in one and occasionally tow up to 3t.
So this did appeal to me, until I found out the price, and the fact they aren’t bringing in the V6 diesel. Although I think the petrol V6 should be ok with the 4.11s and 8 speed auto.
I have a family member as sales manager at one Chrysler Jeep dealer and he said if the V6 diesel Rubicon came here it would be around the same price as a Laramie Ram 1500.
Perhaps Jeep will look at slotting in the Hemi if sales don’t meet expectations.

Last edited by smoo; 08-03-2020 at 12:50 PM.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote