View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #61
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Jeep Gladiator - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Same analogy applied to Ranger Raptor?
Both utes, both have similar payload and towing specs (although this Jeep is rated to 3.5t and 800kg payload in the USA).

I can see it appeal to existing Wrangler owners that like the concept, quirkinesses and off road ability but want a higher towing capacity and more space (normal Wrangler has pathetic load space).

Or someone in the market for a Ute that is actually decent off road without a throw back to the 1980s in ride quality, handling, performance, ergonomics and equipment levels of the 70 series.

Considering the current crop of high end Thai specials (Ranger Raptor excluded, by most accounts) are seriously over priced but don’t excel in any aspect, it is no surprise Jeep have tried to cash in on this overpriced emotionally driven segment.

Disappointing it won’t be sold here with the V6 diesel, or Jeep couldn’t offer the Rubicon with the Hemi V8.
Raptor still has the same size tray and can at least tow 2.5 tonnes. Gladiator has a small tray, and can only tow 2.1 tonnes. But i can’t see anyone using it for towing or work purposes. So again, what’s the point? I guess you can put some more gear in the back to go camping, but the dual role side of it the others do so well just isn’t there. It’s just a niche market toy. And an expensive one at that.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote