View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 11:10 PM   #80
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Is the new Mondeo the best looking car under $100K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
What's wrong with the dash?
Well, post #25 compares it to the Mazda, maybe the closer shot on the Mondeo is unflattering; nevertheless it has the silver plastic centre console surround that was new in 2003 on the BA and VY. Centre console itself looks very flat (buttons are flat) and austere, much like the Golf 7 but without its straight lines of demarkation with the rest of the dash. The wheel looks nicer than the FG, but that's not saying much. It looks noughties in the teens. Previous euro Ford dashes have done the Nokia theme which was cool in 2006 but got iPhoned out of existence pretty quick.

Scroll up to the Mazda and maybe it's the shot, or the trim level, or the light, but it looks a class above. Piano black finish around the recessed screen, darker rich reds around the air vents, restrained use of chrome throughout. HVAC controls with easily understandable colours, chrome controls coming out of a black background. Nice. Not as blue instruments however. But if I had to sit in one for a prolonged period of time, I'd take the Mazda.

But yeah, as said before, if you like it then it's for you. The market sales and resale will show the truth.