Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2019, 09:01 PM   #3394
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
I have been researching some dual suspension mountain bikes and so far I like the Giant bikes,

I didn't realise that they were so expensive though, and the range to choose from is like buying something from the supermarket or Bunnings, too much to get your head around.

What are people's thought's on the Giant Trance and Giant Anthems, I have seen some 2nd hand Giant Anthems advanced 0, which retail for 9k, but obviously selling 2nd hand for around 2-3 k, they are 2015 models, carbon frame etc,...

What knowledge do people have or is there anything I should be considering when forking out such monies ?.
Just be really careful. Unless you know what you are looking at , the service on front and rear shocks , drive train , wheelset , front and rear shifters and disk brakes, etc you could very easily add $500 - $1000 to your purchase price and we havent yet looked at the integrity of the frame. If your purchase bike is mint and there isn't nothing to spend , then you're comparing it against brand new bike with a lower level of componentry. However , it possible if you shop around you can get a brand new model for little more than what you would pay for someone's well used bike. The $2,500 - $3,500 market is very competitive, and it shouldn't be to difficult to find a new bike

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: