View Single Post
Old 21-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #8
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Need help with Sync 3 mobile apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerofl View Post
Hi everyone. Just picked up my Ford with Sync 3. Paired my android 7.1 phone via Bluetooth with the car. I tried to search for apps with apps running but 'No Apps Found'. I only want to use google map or waze. Anyone knows the solution? Thank you.
To use Waze on Sync 3, you must have Version 3.0 of Sync 3 installed.
Otherwise, Waze WILL NOT appear on the car infotainment screen.. Only the phone screen.

You can check which version of Sync 3 you have by going into the GENERAL settings on your infotainment screen.

I picked up my new 2017 Mustang 2 weeks ago which has SYNC 3, and when I checked the version it was only Version 2.2, updated on Feb 2018.

I am currently in the process of updating my Sync 3 to version 3.0.

To do this, you MUST first set up your account, with car and VIN on the Australian Ford owners site.

Then through the site, you can request the latest Sync 3 version which is V3.0.

They send you a link to download the zipped files... Taking 30 minutes as it is over 2GB on ADSL2.

You must then expand the zipped files to a USB stick of greater capacity than 8GB.

You then plug the USB stick with the unzipped files into the USB port in your car.

It can take up to 30 minutes to update... The update will start automatically.

You MUST leave your engine running the whole time during the update as well, according to Ford's instructions. (Check Sync 3 - Tech Support "how to's" on the Ford owners site).

In modern Fords, if the battery level drops to around 11.8 volts, it will automatically turn off the accessories and the infotainment system, thus why you need to leave the engine running so the battery is charged.

If you don't leave the engine running, and the update fails because the battery shuts down... You are stuffed, and will need to take your car to Ford to reinstall the Sync system!
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: