View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #14
Shockworks

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG OEM Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struggo View Post
Hi Shockworks,

I'm looking at upgrading my G6ET also.

Currently sitting on standard springs and shocks (10,000km to date), I'm looking for an improvement in handling, lowering the car is not a priority as its already a challenge avoiding scrapes, which probably more to do with the soft OE damper rate than ride height.

When you are free could you kindly advise the following,
  • Will I need to change my current OE springs?
  • Will the damper upgrade offering a stiffer ride like that of an XR6 which I owed previously?
  • Do you have affiliates in Sydney?

Cheers
Hi Struggo,
I think from memory the G6 spring rates could be a little softer than the XR rates but the dampers will still make quite an improvement over the factory units for handling. The ride will be a little firmer with impacts but found the G6 dampers to suffer with some decay or aftershake and felt underdamped. You should expect a cleaner feeling on rough roads and single impacts. The factory damper tune also made the rear feel a but lazy with changes of direction so we have done a lot of work on this. Compared to the XR6 though, I think they would have a similar feel in compression but with much better control.
You can have the dampers fitted at Eastcoast suspensions up in Sydney as they have a great team and know there stuff. Really good for wheel alignments as well!!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!!

Cheers
Brett
Shockworks is offline   Reply With Quote