View Single Post
Old 30-03-2022, 03:29 AM   #6
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default Re: FG G6E 10/2011 rear centre seat belt parcel tray bezel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Yeh confirmed that it is only sold as part of the belt assembly otherwise you would need to do as Foxtrot mentioned below.

I was not 100% sure as sometimes the trims have a section that has a slit or can be pulled and then fed over the belt, sort of like those used on child seats, but my memory was not that clear, so checked it out to confrim.
Thanks GT...not being at all familiar with the sedans, I thought there may have been something like the wagon centre seat belt bezels with the slit in it to fit over the belt itself, similar to this one off a Ranger...https://www.jeffersonfordparts.com.a...anel-seat-belt
There's no way that I'd ever fool around with unstitching such an important safety item as a seat belt just to replace a bit of plastic...I'll go to the wreckers and get a couple of spare outer belt bezels that aren't in direct sunlight like the centre ones, then get the dremel out and cut a slot the same as the wagon style bezels, that'll work perfectly and the slot will be covered by the belt itself.
Sure, it'll need to be glued in place with a couple of blobs of Sikaflex, but no one ever sits in the back of my cars, so once it's stuck in, it won't ever fall out again

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...71#post6891271

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS

Last edited by Linz; 30-03-2022 at 03:35 AM.
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: