View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 10:33 PM   #383
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I've added, via the new WiFi module, a server TCP/IP port that I can remotely connect to - which provides access to a remote terminal/shell/command-line (different computer-people, different names, same thing). Now I can go out to my car, put the key in and turn to accessories, turn off - lock the car... And... Have 10 minutes remote (WiFi) access to the car's computer from my PC in the house.

I no longer have to pull out the tissue holder to access the Debug serial port wires I've installed, and sit in the car to do maintenance to the ICC/FDIM screen computer.

Here's a picture of a Windows 10 Stick PC.. My Raspberry Pi is in the background.

The Stick PC is connected to the ESP8266-01 chip (the WiFi device I've added to the FDIM screen) which is now running in Access-Point mode, the screen here is showing a Remote-Desktop of the Stick PC, and the Stick PC is running a terminal program that's logged into the FDIM screen:

So, it's true: pop will eat itself.

I can also run the on-screen keyboard, which comes with Windows. That will allow me to control the terminal via the ICC/FDIM touch screen. And if this doesn't hurt your head - you're doing better than me!

Last edited by JasonACT; 10-06-2020 at 10:46 PM.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: