View Single Post
Old 25-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #27
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2018 Holden Commodore Engineered To The Edge Of The World And Beyond

It will be interesting if the words 'Holden', 'Commodore' & 'Australia' appear together again in future advertising campaigns. I agree with MITCHAY regarding the continuation of the Commodore brand. Hopefully there is nothing in Ford USA that could be built in RHD & sold here under the 'Falcon' marque. The popularity of SUV has crept into small car design it appears, with so many mid sized hot hatch options. AMG, Audi S, Kia GT and Fords mighty Focus RS. I haven't been in a new Ranger, however I have driven Nissan & Toyota equivalent's and neither are the sort of vehicle I would be comfortable driving long interstate trips in. I wonder if Ford will do another large car capable of 4-5 adults etc, rather than a Territory or SUV. The success of the Mustang shows Ford marketing that Australians love performance oriented cars and if you make a good one that is affordable, just like the original, they will sell. Back to Holden and their new Commodore. I can't see the traditional HSV customer/collector being too excited about this particular release, but you can guarantee it will polarise opinion's.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote