View Single Post
Old 18-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #7
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2018 Holden Commodore Engineered To The Edge Of The World And Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I'm still really dirty on them slapping a Commodore badge on this. A Commodore was an Aussie built family sized RWD with an option of a V8

Why not call it what it is, an Insignia which we already had before. It might be a decent car but is not similar at all.
Already put my 2 cents worth in on the other thread just started on this car but I agree totally with you on that.
Despite the virtues or otherwise of this car , even some diehard Holden Commodore fans that I know wish that they'd retired the Commodore nameplate like Ford did with the Falcon. Beats me why as you say they just didn't call it Insignia or even go mad and name it something very unique but famous in Australia. Retaining the Commodore name might well backfire for GMH by the loyalists.
Then again , maybe the spin doctors and market analysts at GMH know more about all this than we do and the Commy nameplate is best. Not for many fans though me thinks.

Last edited by roddy1960; 18-02-2018 at 11:14 AM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: