View Single Post
Old 21-07-2018, 09:59 PM   #15
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Fiesta or Focus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
So with that cleared up, what do you guys think would be the better buy?
obviously the focus is cheap due to the high km. pretty sure the engine runs a timing chain, not a belt, so there is no belt change to worry about. not sure what other items would be requiring attention due to the extra work. maybe driveshafts??

not sure how much of 'under the skin' is still the same as LS, but my wife's LS is 2006 model (LX) and we've had it for around 8 years and all I've done is replace the alternator when it died, and that's it. i'm a bit embarrassed to say that it hardly gets any attention apart from a yearly oil change etc. if its an indication of their reliability then its very good. I bought one for my mother in law (who has since passed on..) but the car is still in the family, and it too is still ticking along, and probably gets neglected. I used to service it, but once MIL died, I washed my hands of it.

as for the fiesta, I don't really know too much about it. while the focus is the last of a generation, the fiesta looks to be the first of the next generation (similar styling to the LW focus).. a few years worth of less km also.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: