View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 02:45 PM   #1329
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Social media and iPhones etc are the biggest threat to mankind in my lifetime, but are the parents to blame there, if I had a young teen daughter she would not have a phone with internet connected, that's it, no arguments or begging or pleading, maybe an Android to keep safe contact with family!

That sounds harsh to the average parent but the average mother lives on gossip via an iPhone connection, I mean they are handy to have if used properly.
I loved landlines, they were used for mainly communicating with distant family members, visits from relos were exciting, now they are humdrum, and computer games are abominable, but only to folk who play them on occasion, to relax, to have fun, not to watch a screen all bloody day!

Too much peer pressure on kids nowadays, everyone wants what others have, similar to the old "keeping up with the Joneses" were the Mother stuck at home wants what next doors got!
Poor dad has to get another job or two to keep up, its a vicious circle really, and if a kid at school has a new toy then other kids want it, then more pressure on mum who in turn pressures dad to get a 3rd job!

I read somewhere that Americans who work for these social media companies ban their children from using it, because they know how much information is collected from kids?

The world is falling to pieces, I'm glad I won't be here much longer, it can only get worse, it will not fix itself!

Cheers Billy.
Ah Billy, all the above is your pov and I respect that But alot is not much different than previous decades in many things.

The world was always on a decline, thats growth,populations,expansions, technologies, thats human, we're our own worst enemy.
From Caveman, to Romans, religion spread, x x and x, WW1/WW2 yaddayadda......
Every single past decade/century something got to give And there will always be the pov by many, the world is going mad depending the spectrum you've come from and live by.
There has always been "keeping up with the Jones's" every single era.
There has always been the "gossiping" mother/s every single era.
If you wanted to get somewhere having a 2nd job was a given long ago as well for a period of time.
We're all to blame period.
IF you had a daughter in this day and age you would work with her of the neccessary evils for being "harsh" doesn't work like back in the dark ages for all, you will just lose your daughter period, she'll run away them's the facts.
Communication is the key and I have to say far better than back in the day when many we're ignorant of alot of things that if more informed many issues could have been dealt with.
We have a great relationship with our 16yr old daughter imo, due to asking her questions, discussing her activity on SM and keeping tabs whats doing.
You got to creat trust and then it needs to be earnt, she has to learn from wrongs, just as back in the day.
If not well what can you do, many others lost the plot back in the simpler days as well.

Yes there has been a number of docos re ex Google and or other similar company employees expressing their POV.
Not surprised - again comes down how you look after your flock, no different going back to the human worlds beginnings.
There will always be challenges.
Nothing fix's itself.
Take care mate hope your having a good day.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: