View Single Post
Old 18-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #81
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mercedes Benz X-Class

Slightly related, I watched a YouTube video of a US-based car reviewer where his last video was on the topic of luxury brands and the excessive option prices they charge or conversely comparably low standard spec list. His chosen vehicle was a 2018 Range Rover Vogue @$US95,000 and how a new Rav4 at $US40k had more standard safety features etc.

An interesting point he made was a Range Rover buyer would never look at a Rav4 and therefore doesn't know what the standard specs are. Thus when faced with paying for options in their RR which are otherwise standard features in half price or lower cars, they just think this is what it costs to get these features...and the luxury brand car manufacturers will hold off for as long as possible as well.

Now in the case of the X-Class this probably isn't the case as I'd imagine buyers have owned other utes before and probably have cross-shopped so have a better understanding of what is standard/options and costs between brands.

If I was a tradie I'd probably be more concerned of what a potential client would think when I roll up in an X-Class and submit my quote. I had that issue to a lessor extent when we had a T5 Transporter and no-one bats an eyelid with a Transit Custom or Trafic.

Around my side of town most tradies drive more common brands and let their wives hang out in X5's/GLE's/Q7's/RR Sports.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 18-03-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: