View Single Post
Old 16-08-2018, 09:59 PM   #70
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: Falcons towing Falcons - Legalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
you said this earlier

which is many hallmarks of a tow vehicle not fully suited to the task. If you have a car portraying these traits at 10% ball weight, then you have a poor choice of tow vehicle. That's why I mentioned it.
Not necessarily, just need to make some adjustments, that is to reduce the ballweight a little.
It's works wonders.

Quote:
this is one of many reasons why I believe you should always have some tolerance to your cars max ratings. This is the problem with using falcons to tow falcons, as per the thread title. Sure, people have shown that you can tow a car on a car trailer, with a normal passenger car, however its been pointed out that most of the time, while it may tow 'fine', it will be bordering on illegal, or will be illegal. How many would bother to check their rear axle weight?
I've been towing with Falcons for a loooong time, more than 30 years.
It's easy, safe, and legal if you do it properly, but you need to think outside the square at times and do what works rather than what the norm say should work.
Prove it to yourself...
This user likes this post: