View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 12:29 AM   #181
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Single use plastic bag ban by govmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
I am 'Anti' because I have a brain and I am able to see that the whole thing is a scam made to benefit supermarkets and line their pockets even further and inconvenience us the customer all the while taking more $$ out of our pocket, with absolutely no benefit to the environment.

It's blatantly obvious and even a complete imbecile should be able to work out that on an Australia wide basis Supermarkets will easily make 20-30 million a week out of this. If they only manage to get a single dollar from every person in Australia they will have made 20 million plus, and I know they already got way more than a dollar per person out of our four person family since this scam started.

I would have respected the idea of being environmentally friendly if they did not simply replace 'free' plastic bags with 'pay for' plastic bags that are worse for the environment.

It has nothing to do with resisting change and more with not wanting to be scammed or taken to be a fool.
And if you want proof of this, look at every shelf in every isle of Coles or Woolies to see that nearly everything you can buy there is in plastic packaging, wrapping, bags or bottles. So why haven't they banned these products also.

The faux grandstanding on enviro issues of these bludging parasitic out of touch politicians and influential well off white do goober urbanites got old long ago. These are the same hypocritical pricks who **** into clean drinking water, have new vehicles parked in the driveway (consumerism) and are the first to jump on an international flight for the smallest of excuses.
You cannot live a normal life in a first world country and claim to be an environmentalist. Our own existence is detrimental to the environment.

With the exception of fuel I like to keep wastage to a minimum, regardless of what it is. The advantage of the Wollies bags is they are bigger and stronger than the normal grey bags. Go thru the self serve and don't end up paying for them, easy.

Last edited by smoo; 09-07-2018 at 12:39 AM.