View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 03:50 AM   #13
Brian_H

Default Re: Sunroof For FG-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun View Post
I have FG 2009 and put a roof in a couple of years ago, love it, wife doesn't. She has a convertible, I love it, she never uses it. I actually wish my FG was a convertible. With the blind pulled open it is noisier than standard. Of course the same when the roof is open. I do get some boom boom inside the cabin at times. It is great getting in on a stinker day having left it open and the car is much cooler. The consul lid gets hot when the sun burns down into the car. Here on Gold Coast and QLD there is a bloke who does many many roofs for dealers for new cars etc prolly 75% or more around and he is mobile so comes to your house. Takes about 6 hours I think iirc and cost about 2200. Perfect job too and if you are home and there is a variation he can ask there and then. Webasto in Syd and Prestige in Syd and Melb both have great reps. Do it, get one. Enjoy.
As for the safety aspect, yes they cut a bar out from across the roof which Ford wont do because of 4/5 stars. I don't intend ending up on my roof and I don't think it would bother side impact too much and about that, I don't care.
Thanks deesun, Great insights, I hear you about the 4/5 stars and being upside down. You could drive all your life and not come close to flipping the car over. I don't think the missing bar would make a difference either. The sunroof frame/mounting structure would surely add some strength. Obviously I need to speak with Webasto here in Sydney but love getting all the info beforehand from you guys. Much appreciated, cheers, Brian.

Patiently Awaiting: Winter White XR6 Sprint, build #141.
Brian_H is offline   Reply With Quote