View Single Post
Old 29-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #30
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdchick
I had gone into the police station to cancel the rego when the officer told me that my car had been recovered 5 days earlier (why was I not told, who knows). Also make sure you hound the police, had I kept ringing them (don't wait for them to call you) I would have found out sooner that it had been recovered, I have lost 5 days of precious time and my hire car goes back on Tuesday and I have 2 days to see if my always reliable ford will be running so I can get to work.
I'm confused.

Your id says you are from Melbourne, yet from reading your story I'm assuming that the car was stolen in Queensland.

If your car was recovered in Queensland, it is the Queensland coppers responsibility to contact you.

If you walked into a Police Station in another state, they would have checked your reg and discovered it was recovered thereby telling you.

In Victoria, the first point of call at a stolen vehicle recovery is contact the owner. Whether it be 3am or whenever, we'll wake you up. We need to know what you want us to do with the car. If it gets towed it is at your expense. If you want us to secure it as much as we can and leave it with the possibility of being re-stolen, that's your call.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: