View Single Post
Old 28-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #29
xdchick
Starter Motor

Smile Xd Ford Found

Just to let you all know that my Gold XD Wagon was recovered.
I had gone into the police station to cancel the rego when the officer told me that my car had been recovered 5 days earlier (why was I not told, who knows). What happen to her : My grandsons car seat missing, 12 slotters, stereo and amp were removed, she was left on the side of the road sitting on 3 dodgy wheels and full of rubbish, it is still unknown if the engine will start. She is on her way back home and will arrive on Sunday.
To anyone that has a car stolen my advice apart from putting in as much security as possible if you do get it back so it doesn't happen again (Lock nuts are not worth wasting your money on). Also make sure you hound the police, had I kept ringing them (don't wait for them to call you) I would have found out sooner that it had been recovered, I have lost 5 days of precious time and my hire car goes back on Tuesday and I have 2 days to see if my always reliable ford will be running so I can get to work.
I have to admit I was one of the lucky ones, not to have it burnt out or smashed up. The insurance is paying me out and I get to keep her at my own expense of getting her towed home from Redcliffe to Hervey Bay and buying her back from the insurance company.
I will post pictures of her as soon as I can so you can all see why I love my farcan ford.
xdchick is offline   Reply With Quote