View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #231
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NBN Fibre to the Node (FTTN) - What does it mean to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
I’d also like to know this because the last time the Telstra bloke got in the pit right at the bottom of my driveway he said the cables had so much water and corrosion on them but all he did was replace a few joints and no body knows that there is a second pit under my second paved driveway that has never been opened since I’ve lived here and that’s 20 Years. I only found it because it had started to sink and when I pulled up the pavers there was the Telstra pit.
It would depend on the state of the cabling, I would expect the only way to find that out is for a cable test to be performed.

Not sure if it's been explained in this topic but multiple things affect your speed on NBN. Wholesalers such as Optus on-sell internet bandwidth for a given area to RSP's (who we buy internet access from). If those RSP's don't but enough bandwidth for an area, you'll get slow internet links regardless of the speed you purchase or the technology (FTTN, FTTP) and this appears to be a common issue with the NBN rollout, especially with keenly priced plans.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: