Thread: Problems
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2008, 11:26 PM   #14
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucel
I had the same message around 8200km. During the 3000km dealer check service I had the oil changed and confirmed this had been done when I got the vehicle home. When the warning message came on I checked the oil level which was between the low and high marks on the dipdstick with no smell of diesel). The dealer said they had probably not reset it and to bring it in for resetting. They indicated it took longer than expected as just resetting the service button did not work. Eventually they found you needed to push both the brake and accelerator to reset the message. (Thanks scribbly)
The UK/German forums indicate it is possible if extra diesel is needed to increase the temperature during the DPF clean for some to get into the oil resulting in a "Service Oil" warning. The Google translation wasn't really clear as to whether or not this required a software upgrade.
I've read the same thing but thanks. I'm taking it to the dealer next week so I'll see what they say. If it needs an oil change so be it but I won't be forking out for another one. A bit concerning about the potential for diesel in the oil though.

There is no oil change scheduled for the 3K service. I opted to do it.