View Single Post
Old 25-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
rob2489

Default Pulsing brakes at my wits end

Hi Guy's
My FG ute has 4 piston Brembos on the front and standard brakes on the rear. I have had a low speed pulsing between 10-40 kph which is annoying as most of my driving is done in traffic. I don't push it hard or brake hard (after all it's a 6cyl E gas ) and as I said it gets me to & from work. So far in the last 10,000 km I have had the rears machined & new pads, then later had the front's machined but no pad replacement as they had 80% pad life left. After the fronts were done it went away so I thought it was all good. 1500 kms later its back. I read on here it could be control arm bushes but I have just had them checked and along with the ball joints they tell me it seems solid. (the control arms did have a little movement in them slight front to back not in & out) but he seemed to think it was ok. I measured the disc and it's 31.40 so it has plenty left in it. It almost feels like the groove in the disc that cleans the pad is catching the pad.I know it can't be that at 40 kph but I am trying to describe the sensation. The brake pedal doesn't pulsate either.
I have now noticed driving back I can feel it at 80 kph when braking lightly & slightly in the wheel
Any idea's or help would be great as I'm completely confused & don't know what to do next other than burn it??

Last edited by rob2489; 25-10-2016 at 03:16 PM.
rob2489 is offline   Reply With Quote