View Single Post
Old 14-06-2018, 12:00 AM   #51
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: RAM 1500 coming to Australia priced from $80k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I go back and froth on this, would Ford be better supplying the F150 or the F250.
Generally, these trucks are bought to be either a statement or to do real work for their owners,
I don't know if a 3.0 diesel F150 would throw up more questions than answers or would it
complement the Ranger and its new 2.0 Panther diesel and 10-speed auto...

The guys prepared to spend $80K and up on a trucks would be more inclined to go big diesel,
the 6.7 V8 Powerstroke in the F250, goes hard and actually gives decent fuel economy
If Ford Aus had to pick one, the F250 makes more sense. But now they share the same cab, so a lot of the body parts can be used on both, it makes more sense to offer both than it did in 2001. Being a small market, I would limit the number of configurations to what’s popular. Maybe just 2 or 3 trim levels. (XLT, Lariat, and Platinum), all in FX4 off-road. I wouldn’t bother with the SuperCab, just offer a single cab XLT for commercial. I guess offer XLT with 2wd. That 3L Power Stroke diesel looks good, but I think I would take the 3.5L EcoBoost. F250 is getting a 7.3L V8 petrol option soon. Hybrids should be here by around 2020 also.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: