View Single Post
Old 20-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #60
Canyonero
Wow, this is roomy!

Default Re: ****Tyres**** who runs what

Driving down through Galston Gorge in northern Sydney, from the Dural side, yesterday morning I hit a monster pothole with the OSF wheel. Being a narrow winding road with oncoming traffic, there was no avoiding it. It was an awfully big thump and when I stopped later and looked I found I had one damaged tyre, with a nasty bulge in the sidewall. Fortunately the wheel was undamaged. Goodyear no longer import the OE tyre, their EfficientGrip, in the size and rating to suit the Mondeo, so I had it replaced with one of their Assurance Triplemax in the correct 215/50R17 95W rating. Beaurepaires fitted the new tyre to the rear, so that the two front ones have the same pattern. There is less than 20,000km on them all and they were rotated at the 15K service, so it should be OK. All up about $350 including a wheel alignment check and the extra fees. An expensive drive to work. So, if you are needing to replace your Goodyear EfficientGrip you'll need to find and alternative.

BTW number two child was driving it a couple of weeks ago and someone gave him a little tap on the rear bumper, so that gets fixed next month. I hope what they say about things occurring in threes isn't true!

If I can figure it out, I may try to reduce the photo file size and post a picture of the bulge in the tyre.

MINE: Escape ZG Trend 2.0L EcoBoost AWD, Magnetic with Technology Pack, Power Tailgate and Keyless Entry

SWMBO: "The Canyonero" Territory SY TS AWD, 7 seats, Mercury Silver (Now gone to a new home, Feb 2024)
Canyonero is offline   Reply With Quote