Thread: Oil change
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #57
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Oil change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway cruser View Post
Having the led indicator on the dash I know that mine regens about every 80-100km on the high way. Not having done an oil change on it yet, but knowing that the previous owner used valvaline synpower fe I don't see that would be out of the way. I would expect that the fuel would contribute far more to the regen frequency than th oil. At the end of the day if oil particular matter is clogging the dpf then that would indicate that the motor is burning the oil. As far as I know modern motors don't normally burn that much oil. If the motor is breathing heavily then this would increase the amount of oil being burnt, however I don't believe these motors breath that heavily. I also believe that the 2.0L level 5 immissions motors have an oil separator built into the crank case breather system which should remove the vast amount of oil going back into the intake system meaning virtually no oil is being burnt.

That’s a lot of regens. I’d encourage you to use a good C2 or C3 oil and see if it changes.

I could not believe how much difference the Fuchs Pro Flex made - no regens and about 5% better fuel consumption. I suspect I will end up changing back to it.

Someone else here has mentioned that the oil shouldn’t affect regen frequency. Sorry, but my experience for the last year is that it does.