View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
Chris from Blue Power Racing Developments has a special on for us AU guys, full custom edit for $995, so I had to investigate this offer and went for a drive to visit Chris this afternoon. I wanted to have a chat with him about the AU edit and see if it was worth doing on my stock T3.

He is a great bloke and spent alot of his time talking to me about the edit and what I should expect from it, then he says lets put the car on the dyno and have a little play. Well a couple of hours latter I'm on my way home with a mini test edit. He said drive it around for a week and then let me know if you want to go ahead with a full custom tune. So I left around 2.5hrs latter with a dyno readout of 219.6rwkw and my money still in my pocket.

He has given me a try before you buy mini edit.

The rev cutout has been moved to 6000rpm and I noticed that it seems to pull harder once it gets over 2500rpm. It feels like the revs build up faster over the 3000rpm mark now. There was only a few things changed, but I can notice a difference, just in the way the revs pick up in the car now.

The maximum increase over stock was a 15rwkw increase at the top end, the bottem end went up by around 2.5rwkw and then the gap just got bigger as the revs increased.

A great selling point is that Chris said that if i was to get any future mods he will alter the edit to suite at no charge.

I think I will be going ahead with a full custom tune. It would be good to see just how much we can get out of the T3 with only an edit and no changes to the stock hardware.
gotto agree he sent a cai up for me to try before you buy as well let me drive around for a week . at no cost when i decided it wasnt what i wanted . ie ( it was not a bluepower one ) it was another. he had no problems with me sending it back . no charge whatsoever. a true good business man . not many of em left. .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote