View Single Post
Old 31-10-2015, 10:06 PM   #1451
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

I also have to disagree with the sentiment above. Carbs are not an evil enemy. You don't need to cut them stupidly low. As a matter of fact, cutting my carbs stupidly low stalls my fat loss. I cut mine down to 50-80g a day and my fat loss stopped. I'm back up to 250-260 (granted I train 4-6 times a week and have a lot more muscle mass than the average person) but unless I go full keto then low carbs do not work for me, and I don't believe low carb is the right way. Your strength will suffer because of the lack of muscle glycogen which will result in less effort expended in your training. I also don't believe in the need for a ketogenic diet and while yes they do work, they don't work any better than a caloric deficit of the same amount while on a carb fed diet. I've done keto 4 or 5 times myself and I have never seen any difference while on the same number of calories vs when I am eating carbs, the only difference is my appearance and performance. When eating carbs your muscles will be physically bigger due to the glycogen and your performance will also be better for the same reason.

Carbs are not the enemy. Eating too many calories is the enemy. I'm currently eating 280g protein, 260g carbs and 85g fat a day and losing pretty fast with only 20 mins cardio 3 x a week. The metabolic fatigue and overload you put on your muscles while weight training is far more important IMO.

Hit 5 heavy sets of compound lifts eg bench press, then do high volume isolation work with a lower weight. That way you stimulate both your muscular system and your central nervous system. Do your 20 minutes of cardio after that and you have just created 3 different forms of stimulus that your body now needs to recover from, and that is where your fat burn comes from, the recovery, not the gym session itself; that burns glycogen.

/rant

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: