View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 12:03 AM   #373
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

One day I broke smoking down to what it is in its basic form. Inhaling toxic chemical laden smoke into your lungs and blowing it back out again. Imagine any industry that exposed its workers to something that intense, even by accident. The millions in compensation & the company would be closed. But, our Government is complicit in allowing business to use addictive drugs with hundreds of poisonous chemicals under the name of 'smoking' because they know people get hooked & they make billions of the tax. Obviously the collateral damage is insignificant enough compared to the profits for the Govt.

I kept coming back to this, and got massively pi***ed off for allowing myself to even consider smoking to begin with so I threw the packet away & never looked back. I don't believe in nicotine replacement therapy or vapour devices, just buy some candy or a tooth pick if you need a physical replacement. I gave up grog at the same time because they go hand in hand & a beer & a cigarette go together very well. Good luck to anybody who stops. Your life gets heaps better without it. The smell of passive smoke these days can make me physically sick on occasions, it is so disgusting to me now. I gave up grog & cigs in 2012 & have not looked back. The benefits just keep on coming & the cost these days, I prefer to spend the money on petrol. I will have a drink if I want to, but I haven't found any reason worthy enough to bother yet. A wedding or milestone birthday perhaps, but its got to be worthwhile.

Last edited by au350hp; 12-02-2018 at 12:09 AM.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: