View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 09:33 PM   #371
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

For those wanting to quit smoking and would like to try vaping as a healthier alternative, here is some of the hardware I recommend after much experimentation and trial and error.

First, you will need a handheld power supply, which is called a "mod" in the vaping world.
It contains the electronics, LCD screen and allows various adjustments to temperature, volts, ohm and wattage settings.
One with a 2000 mAh rechargeable inbuilt battery will allow a full day's vaping before needing to be recharged with the included wall charger.
Your "tanks" which hold the e-liquid and heating coil fits on top.
A good mod range is one that allows wattages up to around 75 watts to suit beginners all the way to seasoned vapers.

This is one I use and recommend and fits comfortably in the hand.
The Innokin Kroma 75W which retails for around $70.

A very good starter mod which is very compact and easier to fit in trouser pockets is the Soulblu Speedy 50W Mod Box.
This has a Built-in 1500mAh battery, and measures just 34 x 24 x 65mm.
They cost around $50.

I have a couple of these....

Next, you will need a "tank" which holds your e-liquid.
There are many to choose from, the key is finding one that won't leak, has good adjustable airflow, has a ready supply of spare parts such as the consumable heating coils, and gives consistent results.

Having a few tanks, allows you to have different flavours of e-liquid in each.
In one I might have Coca-Cola flavour, another Green Apple and another with Spearmint flavouring.

My main tank is the Aspire Nautilus tank, made from Pyrex glass and holds 5ml of e-liquid, which I use on the Innokin Kroma mod.
They fully disassemble to allow for proper cleaning.
Cost is around $29

I then use a couple of the smaller Aspire tanks, which hold about 2 ml of e-liquid, and cost around $26.
These are used with the smaller compact Soulblu Speedy 50W Mod Box.

Lastly, you will need some spare heating coils, which screw into the tanks and vapourise your e-liquid.
These are consumable items and usually last for 2 - 3 weeks (depending on the wattage you use). Cost is around $6 each.
I recommend the BVC 1.8 Ohm coils also made by Aspire...

GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: