View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #42
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH
Eighteen months ago I was looking for a new mid size car. Looked at the Mondeo XR5, Mazda 6 and Honda Accord Euro. To me, the 6 isn't that special (I used to own a 2003 model) and is let down by the interior and features that you don't get. I test drove two different Mondeo XR5's and found the second one to feel a bit 'loose' as if it hadn't been put together well. That was the only reason I didn't get one. I ended up with the Accord Euro, but whenever I see an XR5 on the road now, I probably wish I had got one of those instead, especially with the interior upgrade on the MB model.
we too looked at the euro. nice car, but seriously underpowered imho... also thought it looked a little angular in shape compared to the previous model. we actually had decided on buying a VW Passat CC and were on our way to the dealership to sign up when on a whim we stopped off at the ford dealer next door to check out the mondeo and satisfy ourselves we'd looked at every option... sat in the titanium mondeo and then test drove both that and an XR5. never made it to the VW dealership...

have had our XR5 for a month now and still can't wipe the grin off my face!!

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote