View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 01:06 AM   #66
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 
Default Re: oil leak behind the accessory belt & pulleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
Just did this job yesterday. When i undid the tensioner plug only the plug came out so i just replaced the o-ring on it, which was rock hard, put some gasket goo and thread sealer then screwed it back in.

Question i have is how tight did i need to screw it in? Is it possible to be too tight? And if so how do i know if it is? I had a pipe onto the ratchet to give me more leverage and did it quite tight, could i have caused any damage?

Car is idling at 2000 rpm on petrol and backfired and won't run properly on gas, i did degrease and wash the engine so that may be the cause also but just want to rule out the tensioner.
Just did that JC as above. The problem in the last paragraph was because of stuffed inlet manifold gasket, i thought i did something wrong doing the tensioner but it just so happened the gasket decided to give up at the same time. All good now, except for the leak out of the long bracket bolt.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: