View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 08:11 AM   #29
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 
Default Re: Photobucket... WTF!!

This change at PB is massive. I expect it has ruined millions of free blogs and forums around the world. Good comments here, and thanks Russ for the canvassing of solutions and reassurance so far.

It seems to me that an AFF image server of some kind would be a great option. In this scenario, all info (text and images) would be under the one roof at AFF. This provides a more reliable image bank than a large, US based company that may suddenly change rules or possibly disappear altogether.

In my case, my build thread work over about 10 years is wrecked. I am now in the process of downloading all my image albums from PB, but it takes time... and true to the usual glitchy operation at PB, it's also not working properly. One of my albums (the main one for my build thread) contains 900 images and this one is proving hard to get... no success yet.

I still do have all my images on my computer at home, but it is the PB album that has the actual images linked to threads. As mentioned, it is the file name and image size which is the critical part.

Thanks again Russ. I feel somewhat more confident about re-building my main threads here on AFF after I had kind of let them go. For now, it's just a matter of getting ALL my albums copied back from PB.

Last edited by EB#; 01-07-2017 at 08:20 AM.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: