View Single Post
Old 30-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
THE4RD
Landau - personal luxury

Default Re: Photobucket... WTF!!

Photobucket updated their Terms of Service, effective June 20, 2017.

Most of us using a Photobucket account to display images on this (and other Fora) were probably using Free Accounts. There's even a sticky thread in this section showing how to do it (using PB as the example)

The new ToS now states "The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time."

To re-enable 3rd Party image hosting, you need to sign up to their highest package at $400 per year.

I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable charge - but this is ransom.

There is outcry all over the Net from the Forum and Blogging communities, and on the PB Facebook page. There are lots of posts on lots of Fora about alternatives - so I think that Photobucket has shot themselves in the foot. There are even posts predicting the demise of Photobucket due to the reputational damage they have self inflicted.

This has screwed up my Project Thread because all of the images are no longer visible and I can't edit the links to point to a new image hosting service even if I wanted to.
It's almost to the point where it not worth continuing to post in the Thread

Last edited by THE4RD; 30-06-2017 at 04:37 PM.
THE4RD is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: