View Single Post
Old 20-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #23
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Considering a Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
unfortunately just putting some thoughts together at moment, I have enough things to complete before end of year without arranging complete swap around of all cars.
given you have a bit of time on your hands to do your research, like I mentioned earlier, if you really need 7 seats, then I would look at which cars can comfortably carry 7 people of the size you require.

I have had my 2 kids (9 and 17) in the rear of mine a couple of times and its ok for the 9 year old, but not so much for the eldest. ok for shorter trips, but definitely not for long journeys.

I have hopped in their myself and to give an adult sufficient legroom you really have to compromise the second row legroom also, and you wouldn't fit 2 of me in there (6'2, 95kg), not that you ever would.

Other 7 seat options around that price point is 08 era (give or take) prado, or Pajero, which being slightly bigger should be roomier. also, there's a couple of late model Santa Fe's but they have high km for that price. Captiva 7's are cheap and I wouldn't touch one, but the later one's are supposedly a lot better. no idea as to their roominess.

If 7 seats isn't critical then the territory, although older now, can still hold its head extremely high when it comes to driving dynamics. Even now in 2018 it would still compete well in this area.