View Single Post
Old 19-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Considering a Territory

I bought an SZII Titanium Diesel AWD in Feb 2017, it was a late June 2016 build so few months off near end of production.
The first thing is it lacks the latest safety tech features like lane assist, AEB, active cruise control so if these things are remotely required sadly shop elsewhere.
However for space efficiency, ride, handling, solid build, reliability, storage I cannot recommend them highly enough and our extended family has had over 10 of them since release. I'm on my third personally. The V6 diesel hasn't got the urge of the petrol but it's smoother and reminds me of a small petrol V8 for the manner in which it runs.
It blows soot on hard acceleration but then again so do Land Rovers running the same engine. It doesn't have a diesel particulate filter so short runs won't effect it.
I'd suggest start at the top of the tree with an SZII and work back based on your circumstances.
The ICC/Sync2 has lag compared to Sync 3 and hopefully one day a replacement upgrade might come downunder the way it's so easily done in the USA.
They are just a good, honest comfortable car and if it could have gone one more upgrade it would have been sensational.
Petrols will be cheaper to buy naturally.
Fortunately I've never had and problems so those better experienced can add their thoughts.

Good luck which ever way you go.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 19-09-2018 at 01:33 PM.
3 users like this post: