View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #55
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Just a Survey: How many Kilometers Your Focus has Done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveX View Post
I'm kind of a bit thinking a bit too much about buying the car, cause it has done 150ks and may already be on the kilometre period that can it can have the same issue. I guess when I buy the car, I will be willing to pay for amount of money to pay for the overall cost when it fails.
My last Focus a 2008 TDCI which I kep till 278000kms had a lot of money spent on repairs and maintenance from 150000kms. I did the brakes first time at 150k. The air dam fell off at 160k had to replace it. Horn failed , replaced it. Repaied drivers seat base foam at seat trimmer.Timing chain and water pump replaced at 200k as per Peugeot recommendation for this joint Ford Peugeot 2litre diesel engine. This stuiff would have added up to $2500 I guess. Headlight bulbs every 3 months.I used to get 80k out of a set of tyres with align/bal/rotation every 10000kms.I would suggest to you look for one with less kms. This is a great car but like all cars I guess at 160k on things wear out and have to be replaced. Also once the kms get up all your rubber seals start to wear out your car gets a bit noisier and you wonder whether diesel fumes are getting into the cabin. Diesel fumes are a bit of a secret health risk.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote