View Single Post
Old 25-06-2019, 10:34 PM   #106
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

Well, that's some encouraging news.

The few sources I've had said that most of the 1.8 and 2.0 LR's sold in Oz were IB5's, and only some later 2.0's had MTX's. So far the few dozen Manual 2.0 VINs I've checked have been IB5's. Any chance you could PM me your vin? That would give me some encouragement to keep looking for a 2.0 with an MTX. The MTX I have is from an LS 2.0, the shafter outer CV's won't fit the LR/Fiesta pattern.

Also, have you found anywhere that sells the front driveshafts that definitely fit your MTX LR?

I know that the earlier IB5 bolts to the Zetec engine, and that the IB5+ is the Duratec HE bell housing pattern. The Duratorq in the LS/LT is also the Zetec bell housing pattern so the later Diesel Manuals should also fit an LR. The newer WS/WT fiesta 1.6 had an IB5 as well, and that seems to be the old Zetec bell housing pattern - even though the engine itself is now called a Duratec. The IB6 in the newer Ecoboost/ST Fiestas has the same bell housing pattern again. So the Duratec HE pattern on the IB5+ in the ST150 seems to be an orphan.

There's an LR 1.8 manual down the road and www.etis.ford.com shows it as an IB5. I was thinking of grabbing the driveshafts from that just for the outer CV's. Here's the lookup results for it.

Lukeyson