View Single Post
Old 15-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #24
DAGGLES
Starter Motor

Hi Warren77. When I say the voice control doesn't work I mean when I push the end of the indicator stalk I get no response whereas prior to fitting this unit I would get a nice lady ask me a question about what function I would like to use. Now I get nothing. Apart from showing off when I initially got the car I rarely used the function again, except for using bluetooth and asking it to dial numbers or names. So you can't change the climate, fan speed, audio or any other function by voice command with this new unit in the car. I do have factory bluetooth but at the moment the bluetooth is now used via the new entertainment unit. There is a mic on the top left. You can see it in the photo bucknaked posted on an earlier comment. I'll go back to the factory fitted bluetooth and see what I get and report back.

Bucknaked - I am a total hack when it comes to anything electronic so I had no choice but to go to the experts. First I went to Ford and they didn't want to know. Then I asked one or two other auto elecs and they didn't want to know either and gave me random quotes of several hundred dollars so that I wouldn't bother them. I then went to "No Limits" car audio in South Melbourne and they were only too happy to do it. They told me maximum cost would be $90. The guys weren't confident that it was going to work but they got a real kick out of it when it did everything it was supposed to do. 3 of the auto elecs sat in the car with me after hours for about 90 minutes and we pushed, prodded and poked everything and found all sorts of little gems behind the scenes. They were wrapt. They called me a week later and asked me how it was going and wanted to seek out the supplier details because they want to get some units in. They presently fit GPS units for Ford into the territory and now they want to use these one's for Mondeo's sold through Jefferson Ford in South Melb.
DAGGLES is offline   Reply With Quote