View Single Post
Old 31-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #23
IAM58L

Default Re: Kempsey Ford closes! :(

Yeah that's the car mate am 100% sure of it, I have met the original owner (Barry) a few times but that was probably 10 years ago. Not sure if he is still around or not.
The car was his pride and joy. I can tell you when I saw it it still had plastic over the door trims and lived in a shed at his house and pretty much only got driven to go to a mechanic for a rego check and got put back in the shed as it was his 2nd car. So the miles it has on it would be genuine and I can tell you what you have is probably one of the best original examples of a capri you will find today.
He used to run a lawn mower repair shop out if his shed in Forth St Kempsey. If you jump on google maps and look up 12 forth st Kempsey you can zoom in on a house has a sign out the front which has been blurred out a little but you can see blur Heien mower repairs and spare parts. Thats Barrys house and the original owner of your car and where it lived since new.

Also Just to help you out a little more if you call 02 65624537 (white pages) I am sure Barry if he is still with us will be more than happy to tell you all about his old Capri, and help you out with any info he can or if you are local maybe just drop in he is a pretty easy goin guy. Can I ask where you are / where the car ended up? Always wondered what happened to that car.

Hope this helps ya out
Rob
Built by me in my shed.
IAM58L is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: