Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 10:46 AM   #285
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Bit of an update. Only had one day use of the mower. Got the line trimmer as a kit so we have a charger now & 2 batteries. Waiting on the 3rd to turn up.

Originally got the line trimmer in town at Bunnings but when I got it home I realised it was old stock. They’ve updated them with a smaller trimmer head & have a shoulder strap now (can tell by pic on the box has the strap). Ended up swapping it for the newer model. It’s a split shaft & apparently can use the Ryobi attachments but not sure I’ll bother. Pretty basic to put together.

I thought it was well weighted & minimal to no vibration. A lot quieter than our petrol but does make noise. It’s a lil weird having the noise from the trimmer head. No heat from a motor obviously. Plenty of go in it. Has 2 power settings but I only used the lowest. Might take a bit to get used to the trigger as it stops when let go instead of the petrol still runs. Very slight delay from pulling the trigger to it starting but no big issue. Mower is the same.

The mower went great. Hadn’t t been mowed in 2 weeks at least since we’d moved in. I just stuck it on a mid level height with the mulch plug in & it cut fine. Different grass to our old place but it didn’t leave strips the way the old Honda did when mulching.
Comparing it to the Honda was completely different. With that on grass the length we had & how thick it is I’d have had to go over it with the front lifted slightly then back & cut it again. With this battery one I just push & the motor revs harder when required instead of struggling like the petrol.

Noise is a heap quieter. I could nearly mow at night if I was keen.. The battery nearly got our backyard done. Ran out with a small patch left. Probably used 1.5 batteries over the whole block which I think is 885sq metres?

Has sold me on them anyway. Have to be now as we sold the Honda so it’s our only option now. Have no excuse of can’t do it either now since it’s just a battery to plug in instead of running out of fuel lol.

Now just gonna get the chainsaw & that’ll be it for the AEG year I think. Want a small hedge trimmer but I’ll go the Makita 18v since it’s lighter & matches the other tools I have

69 Camaro, ls1, t56 htv2300 slowly being built

Build thread - http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=12534
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: