View Single Post
Old 27-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #42
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_xr4
I haven't had a chance to drive a Mondeo XR5 yet, so I guess it is difficult to make a comment. I've only read a few reviews and the feedback has been generally positive. Motor Magazine gave it a harsh review, claiming it wasn't worthy to have an XR badge. As far as I'm aware, they said it should've been badged a Fairmont Ghia, because it has more luxury credentials than performance.

On the other hand, there's no denying (in my opinion anyway), that it's a good performance car (and great for a family). Needless to say it'd be quicker than my XR4, though I think it's extra weight means it overwhelmed by the Focus XR5.

jurnos are a very fickle bunch are they not? I give them the notice and respect they deserve than drive the car myself and make my own mind up about how well it suits my needs. rember it was only a few short years ago this same circus mob voted the nissan 200sx pcoty and while doing it they made all the excuses they could for its lack of actual performance. don't get me wrong they were a good car [I had one] but I just fiind it amusing when they bag the mondeo performance yet its quicker, smoother, better balanced, better equiped and miles safer than their crowned pcoty of only a few years ago. never forget the jurnos motto. "never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

we know how good the car is...
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote