View Single Post
Old 20-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #29
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Default Re: my '73 TC Cortina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUFuturaMaster View Post
Does anyone know where to find the wiring relay for the barkes and indicator on a TC cortina, my brake lights, indicators, fuel guage and temp guage have all stopped working, the guages work until I put my foot on the brake and then my guages slowly go down, once you atke your foot of the brake the guages go back to working again, can anyone help out
No relays in them mate. Had the same problem in my TD.

Pull the bonnet and have a look at the fuse bank above and to the driver's side of the brake booster - you'll have those dodgy "bullet" end fuses. Roll them back and forth in their sockets a few times, you should see a marked improvement. Failing that, get some fine emery paper, dress the fuse ends and the cradle/pin seats.

Get used to doing it mate, one of the joys of owning a Corty.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.

Last edited by supershifty; 20-03-2014 at 07:46 PM.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote