View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #35
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: Friend bought an 80,000 dollar ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovford View Post
Its got every option available, but **** I didn't think you could buy a ranger for 80k. He also bought a 100k half metre ground clearance caravan to tow behind. But get this, the ****er has had rangers and vans for a very long time, but has never invested in trailer brakes. I have nagged him over and over to the point of going blue in the face. But the cocky dummy insists he doesn't need them. After all the safety advice I tried to give him, I now hope he gets a sway up and rides the whole lot off. Good buy 180,000. Be the ultimate I tolled you so. Every body knows its 500kg unbraked and what ever the weight the vehicle in question allows with braked.
His van would have electric brakes, but he obviously doesn't have a controller in his car.
Quite a dangerous scenario really, a 100k van is likely to be well over 2000kg, so he's relying on the car to pull up most likely more than 5t.

Dob him into your roads authority before he kills someone with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovford
Why all you people pick on me.
Because they're all damn rude and have nothing better to do with their sorry lives...
9 users like this post: