View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 01:24 PM   #491
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Because the car was flagged as tuned. Automatically that voids drive train. He escalated it which has prompted them to look into it.

Really don't see how this is complicated. The complicated thing is why has this PCM flagging a unjistified tune when the OP is saying that he hasn't put one on.
The disappointing thing for me is the OP insists it has never been fiddled with. When Ford first came back with the original dagnostic and the OP subsequent denial then Ford should have been a bit more proactive with investigating it instead of fobbing him off.

I appreciate that dealers have to handle a number of warranty claims that are caused by abuse but when their first reaction is to deny a claim it isn't cool.

The other concern is that Ford used this place to get intel on the OP to deny his claim. Nothing I read in the OP's car thread indicated any more sort of abuse but because the car attend a test and tune that was enough for them to deny the claim.