View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #45
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: hot hatches - opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Psst. It does not cost 6 grand a year on servicing for a brand new car that costs 120k....

The FGX was an engine with a poorly equipped car around it and a 15 year old 6 speed auto. Honestly to some, it doesn't represent good value, because it's equipped like a soviet Russian limo. This hysterical notion that some of you fearmongering falcon blokes peddle about euros costing 10k per service or (insert small part name here) is largely unfounded (well, for the more "accessible" European cars anyway). I've been through a few of them too.
Might have been a bit of an exaggeration.... :P and for the first 6 or so years this is very true. Nothing went wrong, but then the brake discs needed doing and something else and something else. As I said a mirror can cost $2k.
But anyway mine is an S80 and far from a performance car and this is my point.
High performance top tier Euros are fantastic cars but they are also very highly strung. You need to have a bit of cash behind you for Justin_case.in a second hand scenario

I reckon the RS is a fantastic choice considering the financial limits and you get a brand new car with a warranty.
I guess the question is, is it suitable? Only raised by monkeys will know after driving one.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote