View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 08:19 AM   #42
Sioso
irregular member

Default Re: hot hatches - opinions

Well I've had my MK7 Golf R for almost 2 years, it was a nightmare to begin with - 8 months trying to get the infotainment screen fixed, if I could have sold it during those 8 months I would have.
Anyway, since getting that resolved it has been the best car I have ever owned.
It's been driven hard on tight twisty roads 5 days a week.
I have a 3 & 5 yr old so it has carseats in the back and despite how small it looks on the outside they have plenty of space in the back.
The only mods are a tune, intake, rotors, pads and lightweight rims.
A couple of weeks back I started my ascent of a local mountain road on the way home from work and happened upon the back of a 991 Carrera GTS PDK, being a mad Porsche fan since I was old enough to talk I reveled in the opportunity to watch and listen to the flat 6 for as long as possible.
Without going into detail or incriminating myself lets just say there was nothing between our cars, even as we came out onto the straights at the top of the mountain - I was stoked that my little Golf was able stay stuck to the back of this $300,000 car I have always dreamed of owning.
All the different settings (comfort, normal, race) really do change the experience when driving, they adjust the steering weight, shocks, throttle response and sound.
With nothing more than a tune you can have a car that will run 0-100 in 4.1 or 4.2 consistently in any conditions, and few extra $$$$ that will go down into the 3 second bracket.
I never usually keep a car for more than 2 years but I have no plans on selling it, I can't think of anything else I would rather be driving.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: