View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 1990 Laser TX3 whining/whistling sound when revving

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistleBeGone View Post
Thanks for the reply - it's great to get some help on this. I probably don't know enough to try your suggestions myself but I will pass them onto Ford and see if they are able to fix things.

Could you expand on this? Is it something that could of occurred as a result of the head gasket and other parts being replaced?
Will definitely pass this onto Ford.

Are you saying that this metal plate should also have been replaced? My repair invoice lists a few more items:
- v belt
- vrs kit
- timing kit
Are any of those what you are referring to?

Again, will pass this onto Ford.
Yes dealer could have left off vacuum line or fitting or accidently pulled it off without knowing during the repair.

No there is a sperate metal plate that sits behind the belt on the crank pulley. It is not part of the Valve Regrind Set (VRS kit) or timing kit which usually consist of belt, tensioner and possiby seals (pending on brand kit). The part is in the attachment below as part #8 and has a part number of B541 11404 A. I think they are obsolete from Ford, so try Mazda or aftermarket???

Which dealer did you take it too?

Laser Crank.pdf
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote