Thread: Genisis G70
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #40
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Genisis G70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD View Post
As a Hyundai sales manager I see this point of view quite often. In fact, it's often a challenge I deal with when it comes to selling vehicles. The reality though, if you try to look at it from a pragmatic way is that the 'for a Hyundai' concept is something that is based on a narrow view that all current Hyundai's must be only as good as the ones that were available 10, 15+ years ago. The reality is vastly different.

I would challenge people... not to buy a Hyundai, but to spend some time with it and make an unbiased opinion. Drive an early Veloster with it's ****house DCT and then drive the current iteration of the i30 1.6 turbo with DCT. Compare the fit and finish of the vehicles and the drivability and improvement they made on things like said DCT.

Drive a 2011-2017 DM series Santa Fe. These cars were very popular, easy to sell. Then drive a MY18+ TM Santa Fe and tell me that you can't see marked improvement on the quality, fit, finish and feel of these cars. Whether you would own it is irrelevant in some way, because people have their own faith in the products they support and there's nothing wrong with that.

Having driven several of the first generation Genesis' vehicles and having driven the Kia Stinger a bit I just know that the G70 would be an awesome car.

Does it have the 8 cylinders that so many enthusiasts that would be found here want? No.. but that's not to suggest that this car or any 6 cylinder euro or 6 cylinder anything is aimed at that market.

I guess my point is, 'for a Hyundai' sucks because they really aren't quite where they used to be. IMHO of course.

Apologies for being defensive, I guess I support the brand which isn't terrible for someone tasked with managing people who have to sell them ;)
I totally agree SCUD, Hyundai have certainly picked up their game of late. Hyundai gained their "image" by building "cheap" cars, now they have to convince the buyers that their higher priced vehicles are worth buying.

It took Toyota over of 2 decades to gain their "bulletproof" image.

The same silly comment (for just) can be made about any manufacturer. Do you reckon many said "$169,000 !! for a Holden" when referring to a HSV GTS-R W1.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is offline   Reply With Quote